In the past few weeks I have watched several professionally produced online videos – great productions, great lighting, great talent, great content – and terrible online video encoding. The #1 problem by far was uploading interlaced video to online video host sites – please don’t do that!
The result is a comb-like effect on vertical and diagonal lines that are moving in the video! It’s ugly! And not necessary! Continue reading Please de-interlace your online video!
Many video cameras now seem to include face detection capabilities. But what exactly is face detection? Our primer explains how it works and how it might stump you, too.
via Basic Training About Face!.
Two of my video cameras have face detection capability, and use that to adjust color balance and typically to soften the facial features to remove the effects of harsh, high contrast lighting on appearance. However, every camera is different. The feature started out in still cameras but is now available in video cameras too.
This web site is in development and will feature:
- How-to information on creating the best quality online video
- Including production and editing tricks
- Encoding methods
- Best quality video upload sites
- A lot of “how to” information for getting the best quality video from various types of cameras ranging from consumer video to professional video (including HD), and ultra low cost methods too
- Online video tutorials will show how to get it done
This web site start up has been momentarily delayed due to 5 feet of snow falling in less than 2 weeks time and the need to spend 3 to 4 hours every day in “snow management”. Real Soon this site will get underway!