Amazing – Create 3D video from old 2D videos
This is an amazingly nice 3D video created by Dan Eckert as a conversion from 2D video.
How the heck does that work? As long as the camera is moving slowly left or right during the video shoot, you can create a fake 3D stereoscopic view by offsetting the 2D video by a few frames. Use the original video stream for one eye and the offset stream for the other eye – your brain sees this as three dimensional. The effect is amazing.
Youtube now provides a 2D to 3D conversion feature as well.
- Shot more 3D video today (coldstreams.com)
- First 3D video attempt now online (coldstreams.com)
- China to launch 1st 3D TV channel in 2012 (coldstreams.com)
- YouTube turns boring 2D videos into 3D masterpieces (gadgetell.com)
- LG and National Geographic Team Up to Show Off 3D Photos & Videos Recorded Using a Smartphone (socialtimes.com)
- MAPP3D: Video Mapping Projection (ads2blog.com)
- Now, You Can Convert Your 2D Videos Into 3D @ Youtube (onlygizmos.com)
- Convert Your Videos To 3D On YouTube (rubbishcorp.com)