The factory that made 90% of Nikon SLR cameras is underwater, and the plant that makes Sony DSLRs is apparently surrounded by flood waters but not, itself, flooded. (Another report says the Sony plant is underwater.) The Canon inkjet printer factory is underwater. Saw a Getty Images photos showing the plant underwater.
- Nikon’s Thailand factory flooded (techradar.com)
- Sony delays NEX-7 and a65 launch (techradar.com)
- Canon, Nikon market share dropping in Japan (coldstreams.com)
- Flooding Affects Camera Manufacturers (theonlinephotographer.typepad.com)
- Sony delays new camera launch due to Thai flooding (macworld.com)